Department of Post‘s Clarification on Surplus Qualified Candidate – PA/SA Exam 2019. After the cancellation of the said examination department clarified on 26th July 2019 that the applicants can apply for PA/SA Exam to all other division/unit of Circle.
According to the above, the following exam can be cover by this order.
- GDS to PA exam
- MTS to PA exam
- Postman to PA Exam
Follow the order below:
F. No. 04-08/2019-SPN-I
Government of India
Ministry of Communication
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi – 110001, Dated 26th July 2019
- All Chief Postmasters General/Postmasters General
- Chief General Manager, BD Director/Parcel Director/PLI Director
- Director, RAKNPA/GM, CEPT/Director of All PTCs
- Additional Director General, Army Postal Service, New Delhi
- All General Managers (Finance) Directors of Postal Accounts (DDAP
Subject: Examination for Appointment as Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants – Clarification on Surplus Qualified Candidate.
I am directed to refer to letter of even number dated 04.07.2019 and 05.07.2019. The issue of implementation of the provisions of Directorate’s letter No.60-127/85-SPB-I dated 27.07.1989 read with letter No. 60-41/84-SPB-I (Pt) dated 21.01.1991 has been reconsidered.
2. In exercise of the powers conferred vide Rule-6 of the aforesaid Department of Posts (Postal Assistant and Sorting Assistant Group ‘C’ Non Gazetted) Recruitment Rules, 2015, notified in Gazette of India vide GSR No. 411 (E) dated 21.05.2015, the Competent Authority has approved following order of selection of candidates for appointment as Postal Assistant and Sorting Assistant (in offices other than Foreign Post Organisation) for promotion through Limited Departmental Competitive Examination and direct recruitment of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) on the basis of competitive examination:
a) Postman / Mail Guard / Despatch Rider / MTS of concerned Unit/ Division, failing which
b) Postman / Mail Guard / Despatch Rider / MTS of all other Unit/ Division of Circle,
c) GDS of the concerned Unit / Division,
d) GDS of all other Unit / Division of Circle.
3. Allocation of Unit/Division shall be done strictly on merit in the examination. While inviting application for the examination, candidate shall be asked to indicate the order of preference of Unit/ cate the order of preference of Unit/Division other than the parent Unit/Division. First of all, Unit/Division-wise merit list shall be prepared and candidates in order of merit shall be considered for parent Unit/Division to the extent of available vacancy and subject to implementation of reservation policy/ instructions of the Government. Thereafter, combined merit list of all those candidates, who are not allocated to their respective parent Unit/Division, shall be prepared at Circle level for allocation of Unit/Division to the extent of available vacancy and subject to implementation of reservation policy instructions of the Government.
Assistant Director General (SPN)
Copy forwarded to:-
- Sr.PPS to Secretary (Posts) / Sr.PPS to Director General Postal Services
- PPS/ PS to Addl. DG (Co-ordination)/ Member (Banking)/ Member (0)/Member (P)/ Member (Planning & HRD)/ Member (PLI)/ Member (Tech)
- Additional Secretary & Financial Adviser
- 4. Sr. Deputy Director General (Vigilance) & CVO / Sr. Deputy Director-General(PAF)
- Director-General, P&T (Audit), Civil Lines, New Delhi
- Secretary, Postal Services Board/ All Deputy Directors-General
- Chief Engineer (Civil), Postal Directorate
- All Sections of Postal Directorate
- All recognized Federations / Unions / Associations
- GM, CEPT for uploading the order on the India Post website.
- Guard File
- Spare copies.
Assistant Director General (SPN)