Department of Post’s Postal Assistant and Sorting Assistant Exam 2019 is limited for Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS), Multi Tasking Staff and Postman(PM), Mail Guard(MG), Mailman(MM) and foreign Postal Service.
Here is a Model Question Paper for Postal Assistant Exam 2019. As there is an only one syllabus for all cader of Postal Employees like GDS, MTS, Postman, MailGuard, Mail Man, and foreign postal services in revised pattered and syllabus so all the candidates can prepare in one place.
The Model Question Paper prepared by Veera and Anand for Postal/Sorting Assistant Exam 2019.
Postal Assistant Exam Model Question Paper 2 Download
Download Model Question Paper 1
1.7158 + 7/10 × 540 + 1/8 of 672 =? × 5 × 3
(A) 58 (B) 108 (C) 378 (D) 508 (E) 664 Ans :d
2. 2× (729)-3 ÷ (6561)-4 = 162 × (9)x+2
(A) 1 (B) 2 (C) 3 (D) 4 (E) 5 Ans :c
3. Veena bought a watch costing Rs. 1404 including sales tax at 8%. She asked the shopkeeper to reduce the price of the watch so that she can save the amount equal to the tax. The reduction in the price of the watch is
A)Rs.108 B) Rs.104 C) Rs.112 D) Rs.120 E) None of these Answer & Explanation B. Rs.104 Explanation: 1.08x = 1404 x = 1300. The reduction of the price of the watch = 104
4. A Sales Executive gets a commission on total sales at 8%. If the sale is exceeded Rs.10,000 he gets an additional commission as a bonus of 4% on the excess of sales over Rs.10,000. If he gets the total commission of Rs.950, then the bonus he received is?
A) 40 B) 50 C) 36 D) 48 E) None of these
Answer & Explanation B. 50 Explanation: Commission up to 10000 = 10000 * 8/100 = 800 Ratio =2x:x ; Commission = 2x, Bonus = x ; Bonus = 950 – 800 * 1/3 = 150 * 1/3 = 50
5. A Shopkeeper buys two bicycles for Rs. 750. He sells first bicycle at a profit of 22% and the second bicycle at a loss of 8%. What is the SP of first bicycle if in the whole transaction there is no profit no loss?
A) Rs506 B) Rs244 C) Rs185 D) Rs230 E) None of these
Answer Option B Solution: CP of 1st bicycle =x Then CP of a 2nd bicycle is 750-x. Their SP be 122/100x and 92/100(750-x) Given that there is no profit any loss. 122/100x + 92/100(750-x) =750 122x +75092 -92x=750100 122x – 92x=750100 – 75092 30x = 750 * (100-92) X=200. SP of 1st bicycle =122/100 *200=Rs244.
6. The cost price of item B is Rs. 200/- more than the cost price of item A. Item A was sold at a profit of 20% and item B was sold at a loss of 30%. If the respective ratio of selling prices of items A and B is 6:7, what is the cost price of item B?
A) Rs520 B) Rs430 C) Rs400 D) Rs360 E) None
View Answer Option C Solution: Let the CP of item A be x CP of item B is x+200. (120/100x)/(x+200)70/100 =6/7 120x/(x+200)*70=6/7 20x/10(x+200)=1 X=Rs200. CP of item B is 200+200 =Rs400
7. Out of a sum of Rs 850, a part was lent at 6% SI and the other at 12% SI. If the interest on the first part after 2 years is equal to the interest on the second part after 4 years, then the second sum is
A) Rs350 B) Rs280 C) Rs170 D) Rs220 E) None
View Answer Option C Solution: Let the first part be x then second part be 850-x. (x62)/100 =[(850-x)124]/100 x= 8504 -4x 5x=8504 x=680 Then second part 850-680=Rs 170
8. A person borrows Rs. 3000 for 2 years at 5% p.a. simple interest. He immediately lends it to another person at 6 ¼ %p.a for 2 years. Find his gain in the transaction per year.
A) Rs42 B) Rs39.25 C) Rs35 D) Rs37.5 E) None
View Answer Option D Solution: Gain in 2 yrs =[(300025/42/100)- (300025/100)] 375-300=75.
Gain in 1yr=75/2=37.5
9. The average weight of 39 Students in a class is 23. Among them, Sita is the heaviest while Tina is the lightest. If both of them are excluded from the class still the average remains the same. The ratio of the weight of Sita to Tina is 15:8. Then what is the weight of Tina?
A) 15 B) 16 C) 18 D) 19 E)Can not be determined
Answer & Explanation Answer – 2. 16 Explanation : S+T = 23*(39-37) = 46 S/T = 15/8 T = 16
10. The average age of a family of 9 members is 22 years. Surya is the youngest and his age is 6 years, then what was the average age of the family just before Surya was born?
A) 15 B) 16 C) 18 D)20 E) 24
Answer & Explanation Answer – 3. 18 Explanation: 922 – 96/8 = 18
- Download Postal Assistant Exam Model Question Paper 1
- Download Postal Assistant Exam Model Question Paper 2
This question paper is relataed to:
- GDS to PA Exam 2019
- MTS to PA Exam 2019
- Postman to PA Exam 2019
- MailGuard to PA Exam 2019
- Mailman to PA Exam 2019