Government of India
Ministry of Communication
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi – 110001
Dated : 21.06.2019
Subject:- Implementation of approved recommendations of Kamlesh Chandra Committee regarding Combined Duty at Single Handed Branch Post Offices -reg.
The following approved recommendations of Kamlesh Chandra Committee report regarding Combined Duty at Single Handed Branch Post Offices have been examined:-
(i) As per para 11.49.16 of the recommendations of Kamlesh Chandra Committee, ” GDS of one office should be given combined duty in the same office or in the jurisdiction of the same office only.
(ii) As per Para 11.49.15 of the recommendations of Kamlesh Chandra Committee, “all single-handed GDS Post Offices should be provided with one more hand as per DG Posts instructions, so that instances of combined duty may be reduced to the barest minimum.”
2. After taking into consideration the approved recommendations of Kamlesh Chandra Committee regarding Combined Duty, at Single Handed Branch Post Offices, the Competent Authority has approved the following:-
(i) GDS of one office should be given combined duty in the same office or rn the jurisdiction of the same office only’.
(ii) Circles may provide one more GDS to Single-handed BOs wherever justified from the surplus GDS if any available in the Division/Region/Circle, so that instances of combined duty may be reduced to the barest minimum. In this connection. I)directorate instructions issued vide letter No.17- 103/2007-GDS/I dated 17th December 2015 may strictly be followed.
3. The above instructions will come onto affect from the date of issue of O.M
4 Hindi version will follow.
Assistant Director General (GDS/PCC)
TeIe No. 011-23096629
Copy forwarded to:-
- PS to Minister of State for Communications (I/C)
- Sr.PPS to Secretary (Posts)/Sr.PPS to Director General Postal Services.
- PPS/PS to AddI. DG (Co-ordination)/Nlember(Banking) / Member (O)/Member(P)/lVlember(Planning & HRD)/lVIember (PLI) / Member (Tech)
- Additional Secretary & Financial Adviser
- AII Chief Postmasters General / Postmasters General
- Chief General Manager, BD Directorate/Parcel Directorate/Pll Directorate
- Director, RAKNPA/GM, CEPT/Directors of All PTCs
- Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, R.K.Puram, New Delhi
- Sr. Deputy Director General (Vigilance) & CVO/Sr. Deputy Director General (PAF)
- Director General P&T (Audit), Civil Lines, New Delhi
- All Deputy Directors General
- All General Managers (Finance) / Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP
- All Sections of Postal Directorate
- All recognized Federations /Unions /Associations
- GM, CEPT for uploading the orders on the India Post web site
- Hindi Section, Dak Bhawan New Delhi:- for translation of OM
- Guard FiIe
- Spare copies.