No. 17 08/2018-SPB-I
Government of India
Ministry of Communication
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi – 110001
Dated : 10th May 2019
1.AII Chief Postmasters General / Postmasters General
2. Chief General Manager, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PLI Directorate
3. Director, RAKNPA / GM, CEPT / Directors of all PTCs
4. Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, New Delhi
5. All General Managers (Finance) / Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP
Subject: Revision of Syllabus and Pattern of Examinations conducted by Department of Posts for appointment to the posts of Multi Tasking Staff (MTS), Postman, Mail Guard, Postal Assistant and Sorting Assi8tant – regarding.
I am directed to refer to letter No. 60-10/2011/SPB-I dated 10.03 2011 and letter No. 45-14/2012 SPB-I dated 17.01.2014 on the pattern and syllabus of examination(s) conducted for filling up of the vacancies of Multi Tasking Staff (MTS), Postman, Mail Guard, Postal Assistant and Sorting Assistant. The Competent Authority has approved to revise the pattern and syllabus of the examinations as under:-
a) Annexure A: Competitive Examination limited to Gramin Dak Sewak (GDS) for appointment as Multi Tasking Staff
b) Annexure B: Competitive Examination limited to MTS and GDS for appointment as Postman and Mail Guard,
c) Annexure C: competitive Examination limited to Postman/Mail Guard/MTS/GDS for appointment as Postal Assistant and Sorting Assistant,
d) Annexure D: Competitive Examination for Direct Recruitment from Open Market for the posts of MTS / Postman / Mail Guard / Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant.
2. .A.ll the examinations will be held without the aid of books
3. The syllabus of examination includes a component to test the knowledge of the local Language of o candidate. The List of local languages, Postal Circle wise, is at Annexure E.
4. Revised pattern, syllabus and local language mentioned herein shall come into force from the date of issue of this communication and will be applicable to all examinations thereafter.
5. It is requested that the revised syllabus and pattern may be brought to the notice of all concerned
Assistant Director General (SPN)
Encl As above
Copy forwarded to:-
1. PS to Minister of State for Communications (I/C)
2. ST.PPS to Secretary (Posts) / SI PPS to Director General Postal Services
3. PPS/ PS to Addl. DG (Co-ordination)/ member (Banking)/ member (O)/ member (P) member (Planning & HRD)/ \Member (PLI)/ Member (Tech)
4. .Additional Secretary & Financial Adverser
5. Sr Deputy Director General (vigilalce) & CVO / Sr. Deputy Director General (PAF)
6. Director General, P&T (Audit), Civil Lines, New Delhi
7. Secretary, Postal Services Board/ AII Deputy Directors General
8. Chief Engineer (Civil), Postal Directorate
9. Director'(DE). PostalDirectotatc
10. All Sections of postal Directorate
11. All recognized federations/unions /associations
12. GNI, CEPT fol uploading the order of the India Post website.
13. Guard File
14 Spare copes
Section Officer (SPN-I)
To Download the Annexure Click Here