Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
1. All Chief Postmasters General / Postmasters General
2. Chief General Manager, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PLI Directorate
3. Director, RAKNPA / GM, CEPT / Directors of All PTCs
4. Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, R.K.Puram, New Delhi
5. All General Managers (Finance) /Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP
Subject: Reservation for Handicapped (Persons with Disability) in engagement of Gramin Dak Sevaks.
In continuation of DG Posts’ OM of even number dated, 26.02.2019 on the above-noted subject, clarification on the para (e) of ibid OM is hereby issued:-
|Sl. No.||Name of the GDS||Categories of disability suitable for the post.||Per cent. of reservation for each category|
|1||BPM/ABPM/Dak Sevaks||(a)Low vision (LV);||01%|
(b) D (Deaf), HH (Hard of hearing),
(c) One Arm (OA), One leg
— -; Leprosy Cured, Dwarfism, Acid Attack Victim,
(d) Specific learning disability. Multiple disabilities from amongst disabilities mentioned at (a) to (d) above except Deaf and Blindness
2. Further, where in any engagement cycle/year, any vacancy cannot be filled up due to non- availability of substitute person with benchmark disability or for any other sufficient reasons, such vacancy shall be carried forward in the succeeding engagement cycle/year. If in the succeeding engagement cycle/year also suitable person with benchmark disability is not available, it may first be interchanged among the above categories and only when there are no Persons with Disability available for the post in that cycle/year, the engagement authority shall fill up the vacancy by engagement of a person, other than a Person with Disability.
3. All concerned may follow the above guidelines.
Assistant Director General (GDS/PCC)