Now anyone can get Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) Job whose annual income below 8 lack. Recently Department of Post
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
1. All Chief Postmasters General / Postmasters General
2. Chief General Manager, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PLI Directorate
3. Director, RAKNPA / GM, CEPT / Directors of All PTCs
4. Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, R.K.Puram, New Delhi
5. All General Managers (Finance) /Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP
Subject:- Reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) in Direct Recruitment of Gramin Dak Sevaks.
As per Directorate letter no. 19-11/97-ED & TRG Dated 27.11.1997, instructions were issued to all Circles for reservation for SC/ST/OBC in engagement of Gramin Dak Sevaks(GDS).
2. Recently, DOPT OM no. 36039/1/2019-Estt(Res) dated 31st January 2019 has been circulated vide Directorate Memo No.3-1/2019-SCT dated 08.02.2019 regarding reservation for EWSs in making direct recruitment to posts of regular establishment of the Central Government. On the basis of these guidelines, it has been decided that, the persons belonging to EWSs who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs and OBCs shall get 1070 reservation in direct recruitment in all categories of GDS posts in Department of Posts.
3. Persons who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs and OBCs and whose family has gross annual income below Rs.8.00 lakh (Rupees eight lakh only) are to be identified as EWSs for benefit of reservation. Income shall also include income from a1l sources i.e. salary, agriculture, business, profession, etc. for the financial year prior to the year of application.
4. Also persons whose family owns or possesses any of the following assets shall be excluded from being identified as EWS, irrespective of the family income:-
i. 5 acres of agricultural land and above;
ii. Residential flat of 1000 sq.ft. and above;
iii. Residential plot of 100 sq.yards and above in notified municipalities;
iv. Residential plot of 200 sq.yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities
4.1 The property held by a “Family “in different locations or different places/cities would be clubbed while applying the land or property holding test to determine EWS status.
4.2 The term “Family “means for this purpose will include the person who seeks benefit of reservation, his/her parents and siblings below the age of 18 years as also his/her spouse and children below the age of 18 years.
INCOME AND ASSET CERTIFICATE ISSUING AUTHORITY AND VERIFICATION OF CERTIFICATE
5.1 The benefit of reservation under EWS can be availed upon production of an Income and Asset Certificate issued by a Competent Authority. The Income and Asset Certificate issued by any one of the following authorities in the prescribed format as given in Annexure-I shall only be accepted as proof of candidate’s claim as belonging to EWS :-
(i) District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate /Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/Additional Deputy Commissioner/ 1″t Class Stipendiary Magistrate / Sub-Divisional Magistrates Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner.
(ii) Chief Presidency Magistrate /Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate / Presidency Magistrate
(iii) Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar and
(iv) Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/ or his family normally resides.
5.2 The officer who issues the certificate would do the same after carefully verifying all relevant documents following due process as prescribed by the respective State / UT.
5.3 The crucial date for submitting Income and Asset certificate by the candidate may be treated as the closing date for receipt of application for the post, except in cases where crucial date is fixed otherwise.
5.4 The engaging authorities should in the offer of engagement to the candidates claiming to be belonging to EWS, include the following clause :-
“The engagement is provisional and is subject to the Income and Asset certificate being verified through the proper channels and if the verification reveals that the claim to belong to EWS is fake/false the services will be terminated forthwith without assigning any further reasons and without prejudice to such further action as may be taken under the provisions of the Indian Penal Code for production of fake/false certificate.”
The engaging authority should verify the veracity of the Income and Asset certificate submitted by the candidate through the certificate issuing authority.
5.5 Instructions referred to above should be strictly followed so that it may not be possible for an unscrupulous person to secure employment on the basis of a false claim and if any person gets an engagement on the basis of such false claim, her/his engagement shall be terminated invoking the conditions contained in the offer of engagement
6. EFFECTING RESERVATION– MAINTENANCE OF REGISTERS:
6.1 Directorate vide letter no.19-11/97-ED & TRG dated 27.11.1997 had issued instructions regarding implementation of post based reservation. The general principles for making and operating post based reservation would be as per the principles laid down in the said letter.
6.2 Every Division/Sub Division/ Other Sub Appointing Authorities shall now effect 10% reservation for EWS interpolating them with the SCs, STs and OBCs.
6.3 Where in any recruitment year any vacancy earmarked for EWS cannot be filled up due to non-availability of a suitable candidate belonging to EWS, such vacancies for that particular recruitment year shall not be carried forward to the next recruitment year as backlog.
6.4 Persons belonging to EWS selected against the quota for persons with benchmark disabilities shall be placed against the post earmarked for EWS
7. ADJUSTMENT AGAINST UNRESERVED VACANCIES:
A person belonging to EWS cannot be denied the right to compete for appointment against an unreserved vacancy. Persons belonging to EWS who are selected on the basis of merit and not on account of reservation are not to be counted towards the quota meant for reservation.
8, ILLUSTRATION: – An illustration of a Circle which is following reservation percentage shown in row no.1is furnished below:-
|No. of Post in the cadre||100||40||16||22||12||10|
|Excess / Shortfall||15||5||-4||-3||-3||-10|
|Vacancy to be declared||15||6||2||3||2||2|
9. MAINTENANCE OF REGISTER OF COMPLAINTS BY THE CIRCLE:
9.1 Every Circle shall appoint a DPS (HQ) of the Circle as the Grievance Redressal Officer and Liaison Officer to monitor the implementation of reservation for EWSs.
9.2. Any person aggrieved with any matter relating to discrimination in employment against any EWS may file a complaint with the Grievance Redressal Officer of the respective Circle. The name, designation and contact details of the Grievance Redressal Officer may be displayed prominently on the website and in the office of the Chief PMG.
10. The above scheme of reservation will be effective in respect of all categories of GDS for direct recruitment vacancies to be notified on or after 07.02.2019.
11. Circle may follow these guidelines for filling up of all GDS vacancies on or after 01.02.2019
Asstt. Director General (GDS/PCC)
Download the Copy Here