Department of Posts has introduced internet Banking facility for Post Office Savings Bank customers for CBS migrated Post Offices. Check out the Standard Operating Procedure – POSB Internet Banking
Eligibility Criteria for availing internet Banking
- Customer should have Savings Bank account in CBS Office
- Either Single or.,oint “8” account are eligible
- Joint “A”, Minor, Lunatic, llliterate, BO accounts are not allowed for availing lnternet Banking
- The customer should provide a valid Email ID.
- The customer should provide e valid PAN number
- Customers should provide a valid mobile number
- CIF lD should be updated with correct First name, Last name, DOB, Fathe/s Name, Gender,
- valid identity and address proof, Correct present address, Mobile number, pAN Number and
- Mother’s Maiden Name
Procedure to be adopted by the CBS POs for enabling internet banking facility for eligible Saving Bank account holder is as under:
1.Eligible Post Office Savings Account customer may apply for Internet Banking facility. Savings Account must be standing at any CBS Post Office but not in Branch Offices in account with CBS Post Office.
2. Account Holder has to apply for Internet Banking by filling Post Office Savings Bank (POSB) ATM Card I internet / Mobile / SMS banking service request form. if the Account holder has opened savings account after migration to CBS with proper KYC documents, there is no need for taking fresh KYC documents. If the Account holder has opened Savings Account before migration, fresh identity, and Address proof, as well as the photograph, has to be taken in single sheet KYC form along with ATM Card /internet / Mobile / SMS banking service request form.
3. This form has to be submitted only in the CBS Post Office where the SB account stands. If depositor having 58 accounts in any other SOL wants to apply for Internet Banking at any other SOI- he/she has to first get his/her account transferred to the same SOL by following already laid down procedure. CPA/sU should check the current
4. Once the form along with required documents is submitted, Counter PA should go to IES menu of Finacle to verify signature and photograph of the applicant.
5.Once customer’s signatures and other documents are verified, Counter PA has to ensure that all required fields in ATM Card/internet/ Mobile / SMS banking service request form have been properly filled. Counter PA will invoke CMRC menu and click on modify option. ln CMRC menu, Counter PA has to click on Enable internet banking after ensuring that the eligibility criteria and pre-requisite conditions are fulfilled. Mobile number should be unique for each customer and the same mobile number should not be used for any other ClF.
6. The supervisor has to verify the modifications done in
|SL||Date||Request Type||CIF ID||SB Account Number||Name of The Customer||Mobile Number||Signature|
8. Till FCI-CSI GL integration is rolled out, nodal office Bangalore GPO will centrally account all the eBanking transactions initiated on the previous day for entire India based on the basis of the daily report shared by the CEPT Report Building Team. “Total deposits and withdrawals initiated in an eBanking channel for entire set ID “ALL” across schemes (SB / RD / ppF /.TD) should always match”
9. one deposit and one withdrawal voucher for the total amount (scheme-wise) has to be prepared by Bangalore Gpo for entire India and transferred to SBCO along with printed copy of consolidation. Total deposits and withdrawals initiated in an eBanking channel for set ID, ALL, should always match and then only eBanking transactions amount has to be accounted by nodal accounting office “Bangalore GPO”
10. ln case the customer approaches home branch PO to disable internet banking, the post office should modify Internet banking option in CMRC menu as “No”, then submit and verify. Internet Banking will be disabled after 24 hours.
11. If any customer requests for issuance of passbook for RD or TD accounts opened through eBanking, same has to be processed by concerned home branch PO and provide diary printed and attested passbook to the customer.
12. For any complaint regarding internet banking, the customer has to either dial toll-free number 18OO-425-244O or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Facilities which can be availed by these account holders in internet Banking is provided in ANNEXURE I. Click Here for more or Click Here to Check out the Frequently Asked Questions On POSB Internet Banking
Click Here to download original order copy.