SB Order No. 1412018
Govt. of India
Ministry of communication
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi-110001
All Head of Circles/Regions Addl. Director General, APS, New Delhi
Subject: – Revision of interest rates for Small Savings Schemes.
The undersigned is directed to say that vide memorandum No. 01/04/2016- NS dated 31.12 2018 (copy enclosed), Govt. of lndia, Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs (Budget Division) has revised interest rates of small savings schemes for the fourth quarter of the financial year 2018-19 starting 1st January, 2019 and ending on 31st March, 2019 on the basis of interest compounding/payment built-in in the schemes, as under:-
|Sl. No.||instruments||Rate of interest w.e.f .01 .10.2018 to 31.12.2O18||Rate of interest w.e.f 01.01.20’19 to 31 .03.2019||Compounding Frequency|
|02||1 Year Time Deposit||6.9||7.0||Quarterly|
|03||2 Year Time Deposit||7.0||7.0||Quarterly|
|04||3 Year Time Deposit||7.2||7.0||Quarterly|
|05||5 Year Time Deposit||7.8||7.8||Quarterly|
|06||5 Year Recurring Deposit||7.3||7.3||Quarterly|
|07||5 Year Senior Citizen Account Scheme||8.7||8.7||Quarterly and Paid|
|08||5 Year Monthly Income Account||7.7||7.7||Monthly and Paid|
|09||5 Year National Savings Certificate||8.0||8.0||Annually|
|10||Public Provident Fund Scheme||8.0||8.0||Annually|
|11||Kisan Vikas Patra||7.7 (will mature in 112 month)||7.7 (will mature in 112 month)||Annually|
|12||Suknya Samriddhi Account Scheme||8.5||8.5||Annually|
Cont. on page 2
3. lt is requested to circulate these changes to all concerned for information and necessary guidance. Same may also be placed on the notice board of all Post Offices in Public area. The necessary calculation tables will be supplied in due course.
4. This issue with the approval of Competent Authority.
Assistant Director (SB-ll)
1) DDG (FS)/DDG (VIG)/JS&FA/DDG (PAF)/DDG (RByoDG (Estt.)/DDG(PG & inspections)/ DDG (PCO)
2) Director (FS)/Director (CBS), Dak Bhawan.
3) Director of Audit (P&T), Delhi.
4) All Directors/Dy. Directors of Accounts, Postal
5) Director, RAKNPA, Ghaziabad.
6) All Directors, Postal Training Centers.
7) Director CEPT Mysore for uploading the SB order on lndia Post Web Site.
8) Dy. Director CEPT, DMCC/SDC O/o CPMG T.N.Circle. For taking up necessary changes in CBS and Sanchaya Post with concerned teams urgently.
9) AD /lnspection/PF/Vigilance
10) All Accounts Officers ICO(SB)
11) All recognized unions.
12) MOF (DEA), NS-ll, North Block, New Delhi
13) Director, NSl, CGO Complex,’A’Wing, 4th Floor, Seminary Hills, Nagpur 440006
14) PPS to Secretary Posts. 15) PS to Member (Banking).