RICT CBS -Branch Office Transactions
(i) New Account Opening at BOs through RICT device [SB/RD/TD accounts]
BO (SB, RD & TD) New Account will be opened henceforth through RICT devices in rolled out BOs. Branch Postmaster will follow the following steps:-
(A) Procedural Steps to be followed at BO-
1. BPM will examine New Account Opening Form (AOF) and ensure that all the mandatory fields are filled by the depositor.
2. If the depositor is already having an account in BO, BPM will write CIF number on the AOF from the list
of migrated accounts provided by Account Office.
3. BPM will ensure that depositor has pasted photo on AOF.
4. BPM will scan signature(s) and photo from AOF with the help of device as mentioned in process of device.
5. (i) BPM will take Identity Proof, Address Proof of the depositor and ensure that name and address
filled in the AOF tallies with the ID and Address proof. Obtaining PAN or Form 60 in respect of an
account (SB/RD/TD) is mandatory when amount to be deposited is exceed Rs. 50000/- while
opening such accounts. BPM, will therefore obtained copy of either PAN or Form 60.
(ii) As far as possible copy of Aadhar card should be obtained while the opening of the accounts. If it
carry photo & address of the depositor, Aadhar card only be enough as ID & Address proof of the
6. BPM will attest ID and Address Proof with his/her signature and place date stamp. BPM will also
sign on AOF and place date stamp.
7. BPM will take SB-103 duly filled by the depositor and the amount for opening the account.
8. BPM will continue to follow the existing procedure of issue of Preliminary Receipt (SB-26), pasting of SS Slip in SS Book and maintenance of BOSB, BORD and BOTD Journals.
9. On completion of the account opening process in RICT device, BPM will note Transaction ID generated by the device on AOF and SB-103. Transaction ID should also be noted on SB-26 and BOSB/BORD/BOTD Journal.
10. On completion of the Account Opening process by the device, BPM will generate three (3) copies of acknowledgement slip. One copy will be given to depositor, one copy should be attached with AOF and third copy will be kept for office record.
11. AOF along with acknowledgement slip, PR (SB-26) and Pay-In-Slip (SB-103) will be sent to Account Office by following the existing procedure.
12. Images will be saved by the BPM. On completion of the process, a unique ID /transaction ID will be generated.
(B)] Steps need to be followed on the device-
1. Log In on CBS Client application
2. Select – Open New Account
3. Enter the details
4. Take print of acknowledgement receipt
5. Capture KYC (Signature & Photo) & Save
(C) Steps to be followed at Account Office –
1. When new account is opened at any BO and Account Opening Form (AOF) is received at Account Office along with Pay-In-Slip and SB-26, User will follow the new account opening process as being presently followed i.e CIF Creation and Account Opening.
2. In addition to following the existing process, the unique reference no. mentioned on AOF by BPM should be entered in RICT Unique no. field in the account opening screen.
3. After opening of account and its verification by the Supervisor, User will fund the account in case of Savings Account for the amount mentioned in AOF and SB-103 as being done presently.
4. The new Account number and CIF number (if new CIF created) should be noted on AOF, SB-103 and SB-26.
5. Passbook will be printed if printer is working or prepared by Account Office manually and sent to BPM by following the existing procedure.
6. AO User will check on Name utility link with the help of RICT reference no., the picture and signature image taken by the BPM. If the same are clear & matches with the photo & signature on the form, the same will be saved.
7. In case the photo& signature image is unclear, the photo & signature image will be scanned and linked as happening at present This needs to be checked as presently scanning is being done at CPC(If AO is opening the account and images are being captured by HO, same process will be
8. In case the image & signature captured and picture & Signature on form totally differs, then the reason should be enquired with BPM at once.
9. AO User will enter the RICT reference no.(Unique No.) on Name change utility portal (why this portal is named as Name Change Utility)and link these images by entering the account ID and the CIF ID and images should be saved.
10. At BO, BPM can check (if required) the status of account opening by clicking on menu – New account enquiry and if account is opened at AO, the account number will be reflected on the screen (even before arrival of passbook).
11. If depositor wants to do a transaction, BPM can carry out transaction based on the account
12. BPM can also check by entering the provided account number against the transaction ID, whether correct amount is credited to the customer’s account and the signature image is correct BPM can get the Account no. from New Account Enquiry menu and on invoking any other menu on client app if said account no. is entered and any transaction is attempted, the balance in the account & image can be verified. This is only to counter check, if transaction is not desired BPM may just cancel the entire transaction..(which menu is to be used for this needs to be added here).
Account Opening Process in Finacle-
A. RICT_SB Account Opening & Funding procedure in Finacle at AO
After opening of account, User will fund the account by following the below steps:-
Use Menu HACLPOA Check the Balance in Office ledger & counter check the Transaction ID generated
and the amount mentioned in the receipt. Open the Account Invoke HTM Enter Account ID as OAP
Account no. Enter amount Credit the newly created account
For further details click here (Office Account number should be mentioned here).
RICT _SB Account Opening and Funding.pdf
B. RICT_RD Account Opening procedure in Finacle at AO
RICT _RD Account Opening at AO.pdf
C. RICT_TD Account Opening Procedure in Finacle at AO
Click Here to download Standard Operating Procedure of RICT.