Today department of Post issued two Office Memorandum to Implement the GDS Maternity Leave and Social Security Scheme.
Introduction of Maternity Leave for Female GDSs :
- Female GDSs with less than two surviving children may be granted by an competent authority to grant leave for a period of 180 days from the date of its commencement.
- During such period, she shall be paid TRCA plus DA immediately before proceeding on leave.
- Maternity leave not exceeding 45 days may also be granted to female Gramin Dak Sevaks (irrespective of the number of surviving children) during the entire service of that female GDSS in case of miscarriage including abortion on production of medical certificate issued by a Government Medical Practitioner.
- Maternity leave may be combined with paid leave, Maternity leave shall not be debited against the paid leave account.
- This OM will take effect from 01,07.2018.
Revised Social Security Benefits for Gramin Dak Sevaks :
The nomenclature oF Ex-Gratia gratuity is revised as “GDS Gratuity”. The Ex-Gratia Gratuity, Severance Amount and SDBS contribution shall be revised as following: –
|Scheme||Existing Benefits||Revised Benefits|
- All other existing eligibility conditions for the aforesaid schemes have undergone no change and wlll be appllcable to all GDSS.
- This OM will take effect from 01.07.2018
Read 1st Phase Implementation Order