India Post Payment Bank (IPPB) is the last stage of it’s initial operation In 5-6 months, 1.5 lakh postal offices will function as India Post Payment Bank. IPPB conduct an exam on 28.01.2018 to recruit 650 Territory Officer all over the India from Postal Department as deputation basis. Exam has over and verification are under process. Bank offer a lump sum of Rs. 27,000/- as a monthly salary for this post. First we need to know the service condition of Territory Officer.
Service Condition :-
- Tenure: Tenure of engagement is three years and this is extendable by one year, subject to satisfactory performance.
- GDS as Territory Officer shall be placed on probation for a period of three months during which the performance will be monitored with a view to determine their suitability as a Territory Officer. If not found suitable, the GDS may be repatriated.
- GDS as Territory Officer at IPPB shall be guided by the existing Leave Rules provided in the GDS Conduct & Engagement Rules, 2011. However, due payment of leave period shall be made by IPPB.
- GDS on contractual hiring by IPPB will be treated on duty for his/her entire period of adhoc engagement in IPPB. The ad hoc engagement with IPPB will be counted as service rendered in GDS post for the purpose of seniority, annual increase and determining discharge benefits in the GDS post. The GDS selected for engagement with IPPB may handover the BO accommodation to the provisional appointee till his/her period of engagement with IPPB.
[Read More :
Future of Deputed Territory Officer :- The above service condition is made by IPPB and there one thing is clear that IPPB has no intention to permanent or extend this post for ever. The second thing is, this post is adhok. let’s see some why IPPB will not treat this post as permanent?
- One can be permanent when he/she engaged in a same department or entity. IPPB is a separate entity which is India Post Payment Bank Pvt. Ltd. and the belong to the Payment Bank rule of RBI.
- This is initial stage of IPPB and there is a time bound to complete the setup and initial operation of IPPB. So, the bank need some experienced employee who will done the work generally to help to start the operation.
- Although the GDS will act as Territory Officer in IPPB, it’s true that they are under GDS Conduct & Engagement Rules 2011.
- Three year time is enough to recruit fresher from open market and trained them with payment bank operations, if that not possible they will extend this post for another one year as per conditions.
- The last cause may be IPPB is a limited company if the bank fail to complete the government ambition, IPPB may surrender its Licence.