Following are the services available in the RICT project (Rural Information and Communication Technology). The handheld device supplied to the Branch Post offices has the capabilities to do the following services in the BO itself without depend the account office.
1. Maintenance of Rural Branch Post Office accounts.
- Cash Management -enable BPM to view/update beginning of the day and end-of-day cash balances.
- Accountability of sumps and Postal stationary.
- Transaction Management.
2. Financial Banking at Rural level.
- Opening of new account (Small Savings Scheme & No- frills).
- Account Deposits and Withdrawals.
- Electronic Money Order (eMO) Disbursement & Booking.
- MGNREGS Enrollments & Disbursement.
3. Insurance Service at Rural level.
- New Enrollments
- Claims and loan payment
- Printing renewal premium receipts for the customer.
4. New Retail Services
- Phone recharge coupons.
- Sale of application forms e.g. passport forms.
- Reservations of train and air tickets.
- Sale of books.
- Commission\Fee collection.
- E-commerce (give orders\view commodity rates).
- Retail channel for other\private players.
5. Mail Service at Rural level
- Booking & Delivery of registered articles.
- Speed Post Booking & Delivery.
6. Assist Government of India
- Data Collection.
- UIDAI enrollment.
- Other Government Welfare Schemes\Services.
- Provide detailed MIS. reports and management dashboards.